7 Benefits of Drinking Hot Water: How Can It Help Your Health?
Did you know that 60% of our body weight is due to water? A human cannot survive without water as each and every organ of the body requires a certain amount of water for functioning properly. Water helps to absorb nutrients, flush out toxins, maintain body temperature, eases bowel movement and what not. Well, drinking water is a good thing on its own, perhaps drinking hot water is way more beneficial and improves our system function to a completely next level.
- Detoxifies our body: Our body is exposed to pollution, dust and an unhealthy lifestyle due to which a lot of harmful toxins get accumulated in our body and cause adverse health problems. So, it is important to detoxify our body daily in order to flush these harmful toxins. Drinking hot water raises the temperature and activates our endocrine system which thereby results in release of sweat. Sweating might be really uncomfortable, but it is important as it helps our body to detoxify and get rid of all the harmful toxins present in our body.
- Cures constipation problem: Constipation is a health condition primarily caused due to insufficient consumption of water, poor eating habits and mechanical issues in our intestine. Drinking hot water can cure this problem as it contracts our intestine and pushes the old stool out of our body. It also improves digestion and eases the bowel movement if consumed daily.
- Helps in weight loss: In order to lose body weight, your metabolic rate should be really high. Hot water is probably one of the best options to boost your metabolism. It not only improves your metabolic rate, but also helps to break the body fat. Drink 500ml of hot water with ginger, lemon and honey as soon as you wake up. This will activate your system, boost your energy level and make your workout or morning exercises more effective in terms of losing weight.
- Provides relief from nasal and throat infections: One can get subjected to cold, cough, throat infection and breathing problems due to unfavourable weather conditions, consumption of cold and sweet stuff like ice cream, cold coffee etc. Drinking hot water can provide relief from all these problems as it helps to dissolve phlegm and removes it from our respiratory tract. It also cures throat infections and makes the breathing process easier. Add a few pieces of ginger, peppercorns, cinnamon and honey to boiling water and drink this homemade tonic to cure all the nasal and throat problems. This drink is also beneficial for your tummy.
- Promotes hair health: Our hair loses its natural vitality due to pollution, harsh shampoos, serums, conditioners, flat iron and many other factors. Along with a healthy diet and use of hair friendly products, drinking hot water helps to restore our hair’s natural shine, activates the roots of our hair and promotes hair growth. It also fights off dandruff and dry scalp.
- Provides relief from menstrual cramps: Menstrual cramps usually occur before and during menstruation period. The pain occurs in the lower back and lower abdomen and causes discomfort, nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach upset. Taking sips of hot water during this time calms the abdominal muscles thereby reducing cramps. It also bloats our tummy and cleanses our entire system.
- Promotes dental health: Drinking cold water or brushing our teeth with cold water might make our gums and nerves sensitive. It can even lead to contraction of filling materials and cause intense damage to our teeth. In such a case, drinking hot or warm water would be beneficial for overall dental health.